Thursday, June 23, 2011

River Trail Afternoon

*


Today I tried out a "new to me" section of the riverside bike trail in Grand Junction. This is the section between the 5th Street Bridge and 29 Road. From there, the entrance to the Corn Lakes Section was blocked off, presumably due to continued flooding. Some pics:



Left click on photos to enlarge them. Click a second time to view full size.


Mt. Garfield and Grand Mesa from just east of the botanical gardens.
Only a small portion of the original can be seen above.
Click on the picture to see the whole scene.




I see a Thunderbird flying upwards on the face of the Grand Mesa.




The Botanical Gardens features an unlikely assortment of curiosities.





Westward toward the 5th Street Bridge and the Monument.




Seen on C 1/4 Road



I liked this scene. 
It looked as if someone might be living
in the little house between the trees.





Apparently, I'm not the only fan of water beetles.






***