Saturday, March 23, 2013

March Birding 2013

***

My friend Scott and I went out birding today. We didn't see anything spectacular, but we did have a good time. Today I was experimenting with using my cell phone to take pictures (and video) through the binoculars. The picture of the great horned owl and the video of the beaver were taken that way.



This flicker was the first bird (other than geese and coots) spotted.
It was a slow day for birds on the Connected Lakes Trail.


*



 The great horned owl was avoiding the paparazzi.
There will be babies to see soon enough.

*

Scott was driving, and yet somehow managed to spot a beaver on the shoreline of the Colorado River west of the Hwy 340 Bridge south of Fruita. I wasn't able to get any good shots of the beaver on the riverbank, but I did manage to get a decent video by pairing up my cell phone with my binoculars:

Video #1:





Video #2:




Videos (above): Beaver swimming in the Colorado River.



***