Sunday, July 03, 2011

Sunday Links - 4th of July Weekend 2011

*



Some links that got my attention this week:


I found Chuck's Adventures when I was looking for information on the Grand Junction Riverside Trails. This guy seems to have been just about everywhere in the United States. Reading through his posts definitely gave me some ideas about things to do and places to visit. Great blog. I'll be checking it regularly.

This is a sad story about a 7 year old who took his step-father's car for a drive. He was trying to visit his biological father. He drove about 20 miles before being stopped. According to this article, the boy was crying as he was driving. A heart-breaking story. Luckily, nobody was hurt.

Today we watched the BBC documentary Kids Behind Bars. It examines the difficulties of dealing with troubled children and teenagers. Some disturbing scenes and some uplifting scenes. The whole program was very interesting.

I really enjoy the OrganicGardening.com website. Lots of good information and ideas here.

The least expected thing that I watched this week was the courtroom drama that ensued after a guy flipped off the prosecutor during the Casey Anthony trial. Another video worth watching if you haven't seen it yet. I bet that this guy couldn't believe this was actually happening. I couldn't believe it as I was watching it live.

This CNN video of an alligator feeding frenzy is over a year old, but I hadn't seen it until earlier this week. If you haven't seen it yet, it's definitely worth watching. Here is a link to a longer version of the video clip.



***