Thursday, June 16, 2011

Moonset, Sunrise at Walker State Wildlife Area

*

(Left click on pictures to see them larger. Click a second time to see them full size.)




I woke up at 5:30am to go for a run. I noticed the moon setting over the Monument and decided that going to get some pictures at Walker State Wildlife Area would be this morning's worthy diversion.





My favorite pic of the moon setting over the Monument.





And then the moon was gone.





I turned eastward to see this beautiful sunrise over the Bookcliffs. 








Peaceful Thursday morning on the Colorado River.





Raccoon tracks reminded me of a book I loved in first grade
titled "The Raccoon and Mrs. McGinnis."





The Monument began to glow a bit in the morning sunlight.





Soon it was radiating warmth and subtle Colorado River hues.
Time to head back towards home and my morning run.



***