Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Bit of Balance

I should also remember these realities about my existence in Yuma:

The room that I was living in at the horse ranch was way too small for me to really live in. I wasn't making much headway towards getting into a bigger place, and when I would stay up late working on my college homework in the living room, I would keep the folks who owned the place, and whose bedroom adjoined that room, awake. My boss at Safeway constantly scheduled me to work during the hours that I was supposed to be in class or during the times that I needed to be on my 12-speed riding between the college and the store. There were very few jobs in Yuma that I could qualify for without a college degree, and I didn't want to go back to a minimum wage job like the one that I had left sanding furniture for the cabinetry shop a couple of years before.

I am ready to seek balance in both my understanding of the past, and my hopes for the future.