Wednesday, November 29, 2006

CBRNE Training



I spent the morning at CBRNE Training. Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosive Training. Sobering information to have. I wonder how much of that will actually do me any good if the time comes when I need to remember it. I spent some time today in a charcoal-infused camouflage suit that was actually pretty comfortable, and a gas mask. We learned once again how to insure that our suits are operable and completely sealed.



One of the facts that was discussed today is that fighting forces consider that killing an enemy combatant takes out one member of the enemy force, but injuring an enemy combatant takes out three of the enemy, because it takes two others to assist the one injured. Sobering indeed.

Today and tomorrow are all about finishing up my Algebra assignments so that I can do well on my Algebra test tomorrow evening. After that, normal life can resume for a while.

It's a gorgeous day in Monterey. The sun is shining and the weather is deceivingly warm. I've become aware of the temperature in a new way lately since I've made a friend who is spending many of his nights sleeping outside, camping around Monterey and Pacific Grove. We've had frost overnight the past few nights here. So many different ways to experience reality even in this protected, homogenous haven.

I hope to write some poetry this weekend. There is so much going on in the world to write about this week!

Anyway... back to Algebra for now.