Monday, June 06, 2005

Peace Meeting



Today I went to a potluck with members of the Aiken Peace. Most were local religious leaders and some were members of various organizations within the local community. It was interesting to observe the interaction amoungst those present and to see how the meeting played out. There were several events mentioned that I may chose to take part in - and I'll post more about those later. I met the local Imam and had the opportunity to visit his mosque and watch the men praying. This was a fascinating experience and I do want to write about that in depth. We talked for 3 hours about Islam and several of the tenets that distinguish it from other religions.

Something that I'm discovering is that it is difficult to make time to write online when I'm actually doing all of the other things that I want to be doing. I think that that is a good sign, and I'm not going to worry too much about being as faithful to my internet writing as I am to my life in general. That seems to be good policy to me.

Here is a song by Dave Lippman:
The 12 Days of Bush-mas
http://davelippman.com/Music/12_days_of_bush-mas.mp3

Current Mood: amused
Current Music: The 12 Days Bush-mas, Dave Lippman